23 Jun 2010

My Getaway

For those people living in Korea, I think we can all agree that sometimes it can be a bit suffocating. My solution to this is a little place called Anmyeondo Island, my home away from home.

Anmyeondo Island is located in Chungcheongnam- do province, 30 km away from Taean-gun. It is the sixth largest island in Korea and is connected to the mainland by a bridge that was constructed in 1970. On the island, there are 14 magnificent beaches and beautiful forests that you can visit.






An abandoned little 'shack' we found on one of the beaches.







A picture of the Pension we stayed at. Our room had a private balcony.





Once on the island, you will not struggle to find accommodation. I personally prefer staying in a Pension. We paid 60 000 Won for a room that could accommodate two people and it was self catering, which was ideal as most of the places to dine at on the island are seafood restaurants.

I felt completely at ease when I was there, as I sat out on a beautiful wooden deck, breathtaking view, sipping on some wine from E-Mart, it felt like I was back at home and even though it was just for a little while, it felt wonderful.

Getting there.
There is a direct bus from Taean Intercity Bus Terminal.




No comments:

Post a Comment