7 Jun 2010

Useful phrases for Vegetarians in Korea

This was composed by my co teacher and myself so there might a one or two mistakes. I hope it's helpful.

I am a vegetarian.
난 채식주의
nan chaesigjuui

I do not eat meat.
저는 고기를 먹지 않습니다.
jeoneun gogileul meogji anhseubnida

No pork
아니 돼지고기
ani dwaejigogi

I don't like pork
난 돼지고기처럼 해달라고
nan dwaejigogicheoleom haedallago

No beef
쇠고기 없음
soegogi eobs-eum

I don't like beef
난 안 쇠고기를 좋아
nan an soegogileul joh-a

No chicken
아니 닭고기
ani dalg-gogi

I don't like chicken
예감이 안 닭고기 좋아해
yegam-i an dalg-gogi joh-ahae

I do not like fish
예감이 안 생선을 맛보고
yegam-i an saengseon-eul masbogo

I am allergic to seafood
난 해산물 알레르기가있어
nan haesanmul alleleugigaiss-eo

Koreans think that pork is not a meat. I have often ordered a pizza and asked for no meat to be on it and when it arrived it had bits of ham and bacon on. So remember to be specific when you order. Most pizza places do have vegetarian options however there are the odd few that don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment